It looks like the stretch of beautiful sunny days is at an end, and the weekend is expected to bring back that familiar feel of rain.
Don’t let that ruin your local fun. Here are five things to do in Newton this weekend:
Friday, Sept. 22
- From 6 to 8:30 p.m., The Centre at 1294 is having a floral design workshop, “Art in Bloom,” at the Newton Cultural Development Offices, 1294 Centre St., Newton Centre. Gardener and florist Susan Margolin, who owns and operates Lotus & Lettuce, artisan floral design from seed to vase, will show participants how to interpret floral design and incorporate locally grown flowers into creative art pieces.
Saturday, Sept. 23
- At 8:45 a.m., the JCC of Greater Boston is hosting a Basketball Fundamentals Clinic for beginners ages 10 to 14.
- The Newton Farmers Market will be at 352 Lowell Ave. from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- At 3 p.m., Newton Community Pride is continuing its Fall Village Concert Series with a performance by the Isabel Stover Jazz Quartet at the Allen Center in West Newton. Isabel Stover is a jazz musician who began her career in San Francisco with the Oakland Jazz Choir, and then attended classes at the California Jazz Conservatory in Berkley under legends like Madeline Eastman, Kitty Margolis, Sheila Jordan and Ledisi.
Sunday, Sept. 24
- At 3:30 p.m., the Shepherd & Maudsleigh Studio in West Newton is hosting a Paste Paper Workshop.
If you have a Newton event to promote or you’re looking for one to attend, check out our events page.